Friday, April 04, 2014

Negative Words - True or a Lie?

How often does a negative, condemning thought float through your head? "Oh I shouldn't have done that. That was terrible!" or "I failed again. I can't believe it."
We have talked quite a bit about who you are in God and choosing to agree with that. But, what if you did make a mistake or you really think whatever you are hearing that is negative is really true?
Take 5 minutes and ask God, "God this is what I was just thinking. (insert your negative thought here) Is this true? What do you have to say about it?" Then write down (if possible) what is said and BELIEVE it. Choose to agree with whatever God says. Remember He has never had a bad thought about you. 
What about that mistake you made? We have discussed that you should no longer be looking at any decision from a pass/fail mentality, but looking at and grading outcomes. But, if you really feel stuck, like you know you did make a mistake - what then? Simply ask God, "Was this truly a mistake?" and "What do you want me to learn or know from this?"Again, choose to agree with whatever God tells you. Walk in freedom, my friend! Condemnation is not a part of God's world and He certainly wants you to be totally free from it!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In this blog I have used material I learned at Wind and Fire Mission Base.
 Wind and Fire Mission Base, 3243 Wind and Fire Dr. Marion, IA 52302302

No comments: