Friday, March 07, 2014

What Does it Mean to Have a New Spirit?

You can recall the exact day and circumstances of when you accepted Christ into your heart. At that time you were given a new spirit. However, your body and mind were not born again. Only your spirit was.
Why is this important to consider? It is important to think about so you understand how God wants you to run.
The New Age religion operates in a way contrary to the way God wants us to run. New Age tells one body then mind then soul.
It is actually the opposite that God wants us to operate from. We are to function spirit then mind then body.  What is really sad is often a Christian operates in the old man mentality of focusing on physical (body) or mind (emotional) rather than starting with God in the spirit.
So, for instance, for many years as a Christian I was overwhelmed by schemes of the devil in my body (all of the migraines and pains in body) and emotional (feeling depressed, anxious, and worried). This was not living the victorious life God has called for me.
No demonic spirits can mess with the Holy Spirit that dwells within me.
Therefore, if I approach life from a spirit perspective rather than on how I feel or body symptoms then I can really run in a free way.
Why not spend time alone with God today (even 5 minutes is fine) and ask him, "God what were you thinking when you designed me?" Try to empty your head and keep a pad a paper nearby to write down any visions or words of knowledge gives you. If you suddenly think of an errand you need to, write that down and then return to the task at hand.
To operate in the spirit we must learn to listen and then look forward to the journey God wants to take us on!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In this blog I have used material I learned at Wind and Fire Mission Base.
 Wind and Fire Mission Base, 3243 Wind and Fire Dr. Marion, IA 52302302

No comments: