Sunday, March 16, 2014

We Do Not Have a Spirit of Fear

When you are saved your spirit becomes new. This means that your old spirit is gone forever and the Holy Spirit lives within you.

Why then does the Christian struggle with fear? The Bible says over and over again that we are not to fear - ever! 

15 You didn’t receive a spirit that makes you a slave to fear once again. Instead you received the Holy Spirit, who makes you God’s child. By the Spirit’s power we call God “Abba.” Abbameans Father. 16 The Spirit himself joins with our spirits. Together they give witness that we are God’s children. (Romans 8:15-16)

Rather we have a spirit of power, love, and of a strong mind. Think about that for a minute. Power - You have authority. The authority of Jesus living within you to speak to that sickness, pain, depression. Look in the gospels. Have you ever noticed how Jesus spoke with such authority and conviction when He spoke? Speak with the same authority. Your words have great power!
Love - Have you learned to embrace the love God has for you? Are you agreeing with everything God has called you to be? When you agree with God's love for you, you are able to love with an amazing love to others.
Strong mind - For so long, I felt my mind was weak. I was a Christian, but I was not renewing my mind. I actually didn't know how to. I would make myself read the Bible and pray because I thought I should. To renew your mind, you take authority over anything that is in there that should not be (such as condemning thoughts), hold onto important words from God/visions that you can agree with and meditate on, and tell your mind to line up with the Holy Spirit.
If you are living in fear, you are not free. This is not where God wants you to be. It is normal to feel fear, but you should not live in that space. If you are in anxiety land and cannot stop your mind from racing - seek God. Just stop wherever you are. Tell your body and mind to line up with the Holy Spirit. Then ask God, "What do you want me to know about this anxiety I am feeling right now, God?" Breathe, close your eyes, and listen. 
Repeat this as often as necessary. God does not want you in fear. He will provide freedom, but you have to let him in and get off the anxiety wheel in order to allow Him to work.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In this blog I have used material I learned at Wind and Fire Mission Base.
 Wind and Fire Mission Base, 3243 Wind and Fire Dr. Marion, IA 52302302
Preferences
§
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
0
-
=
Backspace
Tab
q
w
e
r
t
y
u
i
o
p
[
]
Return
capslock
a
s
d
f
g
h
j
k
l
;
'
\
shift
`
z
x
c
v
b
n
m
,
.
/
shift
English
alt
alt
Preferences

No comments: