Thursday, August 17, 2017

Fear Makes You Dumb

Fear. It is so prevalent in so many people's narratives. Fear of failure. Fear of punishment. Fear of rejection. 
Did you know when you are in a state of fear, you are not able to think creatively or freely?
Many focus their lives in fear of the future - which can be seen in their continuous worries. 
Fear makes us dumb. We can't think clearly. We run around in circles, accomplishing little.
We have talked before about holding thoughts captive. Can you start paying attention to your thoughts? Are they helping you or hurting you? If it is a thought based in fear/worry/condemnation then I encourage you to, literally, throw it away (I teach the kids to symbolically pull the "brain trash" thoughts out of their head and throw them away).
Then, you need to replace your thought with a completely different thought. The opposite of fear is peace, confidence, and faith/trust. Can you move into that line of thinking instead?
Fear really took so much from me. It had such a stronghold over me. I didn't know I could ditch it. It really impacted every area of my life and made me feel sick.
You are worth the effort to get out of the pattern of fear. Can you become aware of your thoughts? Remember
“Peace is what I leave with you; it is my own peace that I give you. I do not give it as the world does. Do not be worried and upset; do not be afraid.” John 14:27 

#renewyourmind #letitgo

No comments: